Many thanks to AXA Insurance for their generous donation of food during this time of heightened need amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
As mentioned in the AXA PRESS RELEASE:
“The AXA volunteer team joins forces with the organizations We Can and Emfasis Foundation and the Municipality of Metamorfosi to offer 108 food packages to families and the homeless.
The uncertainty, instability and unprecedented conditions created by the pandemic crisis have significantly exacerbated the difficulties already faced by socially vulnerable groups. Understanding the need for immediate care, AXA volunteers offered, with the support of the Company, 108 food packages:
- To 12 families with young children who are below the poverty line.
- To 150 people who are homeless – visible and not.
- To the Social Grocery of the Municipality of Metamorfosi which provides consistent support to 350 families.
In order to create synergy and maximize the impact of its work, AXA worked closely with:
- The Non-Governmental Organization We can, which is a strategic ally in the field of sustainable development and fights the waste of leftover food, acting in favor of its utilization for public benefit throughout Greece.
- The Emfasis Foundation, which operates in accordance with the innovative principles of social streetwork, supporting socially vulnerable groups and citizens who experience multiple forms of homelessness.
- The Municipality of Metamorfosi, which has created a Social Grocery to deal with the issue of extreme poverty and social exclusion.”